Sunday 11 February 2018

Rio Ferdinand's Rosso

Getting used to a new place is a lot tricker than I first thought. Not knowing what restaurants are good, which clubs you'd like and overall, just where you want to spend your free time. That is exactly how I felt when I first moved to Manchester. The only way is to try things out and form you own opinion, and google a few locations of course.

When my boyfriend first came to visit me, we decided to go for a nice dinner. His friend recommended Rio Ferdinand's Rosso. I gave it a quick google search and the photo's looked beautiful. It was extremely close to where I lived and the menu looked amazing too.




The first impression was that it was extremely posh, bearing in mind that I hadn't really researched what the atmosphere would be like beforehand. The dress code during evening is definitely smart casual. 


They often have different entertainment throughout the busier nights of the week such as saxophone players or a violin group. Saturdays often have a dj making the restaurant a lively atmosphere. 


They offer mainly Italian specials but they have an incredible grill selection, which is my go-to every time.


ANTIPASTI SHARING PLATTER (ANTIPASTO MISTO)
Sharing plank of finest Italian cured meats, marinated vegetables, mushrooms, olives, deviled egg with anchovies, luxurious cheeses and breads
FILLETO 8oz (227gm)
Dry aged prime beef fillet, Portabello mushrooms sauteed with onions, grilled tomato, hand cut chips

Now since moving to Manchester, Rosso has quickly become one of my favourites. I've continued to return there for the atmosphere and food. So if you're ever in central Manchester then I would highly recommend.




'Rosso's opulent and mirrored interior is housed in a beautiful grade II listed building, placed at the head of King St gives way to a new rising scene of cocktail bars. Set against the backdrop of one of Manchesters finest spirit collections the menu boasts creative cocktails fusing classic concepts with new world execution all with their own sense of Italian panache.' - www. rossoresaurants.com


I also couldn't resist a pic in the toilets because they are just as gorgeous as the place its self.


E x




















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig